Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We have already had a fun-filled holiday weekend! Last night, Genna and I first went to a patriotic concert which was held outside of the church. We ate snowcones, listened to great music and Genna ran around waving a flag.



Someone gave her a glow bracelet that she LOVES!


At the end, they released a bunch of red, white and blue balloons. It really was a pretty sight, but Genna could not understand why we were not trying to keep them from flying away.


Later, we went to see some fireworks in our neighborhood. We don't have great pictures, because Brian and I each had to hold a child. Genna hates fireworks. So far, for 3 years, we've seen fireworks and every year she really dislikes them. They make loud noises that scare her, but last night, she did admit that they were pretty (but loud!).





Then, this morning, our neighborhood had a parade. It started with the firetruck which had its siren on. Did I mention that Genna does not like loud noises?




Once the firetruck passed, though, she enjoyed picking up beads and candy.


Andrew was showing his patriotism by waving a flag as the cars drove by.



Family picture that I'm actually pleased with...

No comments: