Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July (a little late)

We started off the weekend with a baseball game. My parents (Memama and Grandaddy) and my sister Andrea and her family came to visit with us!


Grandaddy, Mary Frances and Andrea



Charlie and Andrea


The next morning, Memama, Andrea and I took the kids to watch the neighborhood parade.






then to the after-parade festivities where we ate popsicles, listened to music,


and toured a firetruck.

While we were gone, the men worked on tearing down the deck on the back of our house. I didn't get a "before" picture. This is a "during" picture and I'm still waiting for the "after".
Right now, it still looks basically like this.


We made them take a break for a little birthday party for Andrea with yummy strawberry cake.


Then, we ended the afternoon with playing in the sprinkler and slip-n-slide.


Obviously, I didn't think Andrew would play in the water or I would have put on his swimsuit. Oh, well, his clothes work just as well.


These girls are such sweet friends (and cousins)!


I don't have any pictures of the actual 4th of July. We did go to watch some very good fireworks on Sunday night with some friends from our Sunday School class, but I forgot my camera! It was a fun time, though, and you can see pictures from that night at our friend Reese's blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eve! I haven't blogged or read any in months, but I'm rededicated! The kids look great, and so do you!

jessica said...

Genna's hair has gotten so blond this summer! Happy 4th!